Automall Network is a full service auto broker. We have a dealer's license however we don't operate like a dealer, we work for the car buyer just like a real estate broker would work for a home buyer. Our job is take away the burden of the car buying process while saving our clients time, effort and money. Consumers throughout North America have engaged our services to help them buy their new or used vehicles. Insurance companies also use our services when determining the settlement value of vehicles that are deemed a total loss.
To apply for any position, please fill out this APPLICATION and scan and email it along with a resume in MS-Word format to [email protected]. If you don't have a scanner, you may fax it to (416) 249-9872 in but let us know it is coming. THOSE WHO DO NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. Please no phone calls. We can only respond to those that are being considered. Feel free to request a read receipt to your email to ensure that it has been received.
Automall Network is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise us in advance when submitting your resume.
Part Time Senior Bookkeeper / Bookkeeping Manager
Automall Network and its sister company Transition Squad provide services that help people with some of the more challenging tasks we face. Transition Squad is a project manager that helps seniors downsize and works with families settling an estate. Transition Squad provides a menu of services however its core specialty is helping to find a good home for clients' belongings while maximizing the sale price on their behalf through a proprietary online auction platform. Automall Network is a fully licensed auto dealer, however it doesn't operate like a traditional dealer; it works for the public – just like one would hire a real estate broker to help them buy or sell a home, people who hate car shopping hire Automall Network to help them buy or sell a vehicle. Both companies operate under the same umbrella and share common resources, such as bookkeeping.
We started implementing a primarily work from home environment long before COVID and continue to operate that way with periodic visits to the office when needed. We don't believe in 9-5 and encourage flexible schedules with a focus on getting the job done.
The role will typically be 8-16 hours or more per week. Initially, it will require a more concentrated effort for a few weeks for training and onboarding, after which it will require 16-24 hours per week to become fully up to speed. As you implement and delegate day to day tasks to your team, total hours will normalize to typical levels however increase as volume grows from expansion into multiple markets and new clients.
We have a need for a strategic minded, senior bookkeeper to:
- Initially handle day to day financial operations of Canadian and US activities
- Develop, implement and manage an offshore team of virtual bookkeeping assistants for transaction entry, billing, job reconciliations, job and monthly reporting, and expense tracking
- Assist in developing high level design and automation of financial systems integrating our various ecommerce services with our Quickbooks Online accounts
- Manage registrations and timely filings in various US states and Canadian provinces where required by law
- Provide ongoing feedback on processes for cost containment and improved efficiencies
- Oversee accurate and timely completion of year end requirements and work closely with our accountants to ensure proper tax filings.
- 5+ years of experience in bookkeeping and accounting.
- Experience in financial management an asset
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- General understanding of computerized accounting systems
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Quickbooks Online, Excel and databases
- Sense of urgency when having to issue refunds or make payments to clients
- Accuracy and attention to detail while working under tight deadlines
- Assertive, comfortable communicating with and providing input and feedback to various types of individuals
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills
- Billing experience is an asset
- Good team player
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Must use a Windows-based PC with at least Windows 10, and a reliable home office setup with high speed internet, cell phone, computers and peripherals.